Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 3 of Insanity...

...was pretty tough.

My calves, which I tend to have some tightness issues with anyway, are really tight and sore. I wasn't even 100% certain I'd be able to do today's session, but I gave it a go and they loosened up enough through the workout to do it. Today's fun was Cardio Power and Resistance, excitement personified in a workout! Maybe not, but there sure were a couple of movements that I found nearly impossible.

Tricep dips in a crab like position and the same but with one leg with your sole facing the ceiling straight up. The former, I could do a bit, but it felt uncomfortable (not a lot of arm flexibility). The latter darn near undoable for me. I may have managed a handful of them. Maybe I will be able to do more the next time this session comes around. Another hard effort in the books and I'm sure more areas of my body will be sore tomorrow but feeling pretty good about it still.

However, unless otherwise proven, I feel this is a spot training program unless there is a good maintenance plan out there. I feel it would be far too boring to do this over and over again past 60 days and the commitment to go 6 days a week every week is difficult for most I would imagine. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week would be sufficient to maintain.

No comments:

Post a Comment