Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 20: They just don't get easier

Even though I know the movements well at this point, I think I;m more tired at the end of each session, which I guess signals that I continue to push myself. 3 weeks are in the books and at this point I wish I'd taken stock of my body prior to starting. No photos taken, no stepping on a scale, no muscle measurements. It would have been interesting to see if the program is transforming my body at all. I haven't changed my diet, so even if strength of muscles is improving I'm probably not dropping a ton of body fat.

The whole "conflicted runner" blog title is because I want to run long distances, yet I don't want to give up on my other sports, most importantly soccer, which has made it hard to run to the extent I want without injury. All that is to say, that I'm still in that place while doing Insanity. I want to do all the things I do plus Insanity and it can be a little tough. Little groin injuries, back bothering me some still, etc. I have successfully stayed away from running while I'm doing the program, though during the recovery week I'm thinking of going for a couple.

My rest day tomorrow will include touch football!

No comments:

Post a Comment